Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quotes from the Blue Jackets locker room after 3-2 loss in LA

There will be plenty more said about this game over the next 24-48 hours, given the controversy created by a possible clock stoppage in the final seconds of regulation. However, the players skated off the ice with the Kings winning 3-2. Back in the Columbus Blue Jackets locker room, here's what coach Todd Richards and forward Colton Gillies had to say...

Richards on the timing of the game-winning goal - "Well, I don’t have anything official, any official report. Watching the replay and talking with our producer who runs our show, the clock stopped at 1.8 seconds, and it stopped for 1.5 seconds, and they scored with 0.5 seconds. Something happened and it’s really disappointing because I thought our guys battled and worked hard. They fought for 60 minutes and they deserve something, but they leave here feeling the negativity of a loss and the disappoint there, so I’m really disappointed for the players."

Richards on his team's effort - "We competed. We weren’t perfect for 60 minutes. They’re a good team so they’re going to create things offensively and create opportunities for themselves. I liked the way that we competed with getting down 1-0 and continuing to battle, down 2-1 and continuing to battle. Guys were getting in front of shots and taking hits to make plays. They’re a big team and they play a big, heavy game. Right now, with the guys that we have, we aren’t as big of a team so we have to work extra hard. I thought the guys worked harder and they deserve something out of tonight."

Gillies on the overall game - "Everyone came out hard tonight. For the first two periods we got work done. I don’t know if it was the fatigue of back-to-back nights or what it was. It’s just tough luck at the end there. Vermette made a great pass to me and that is something I will always remember.”

Gillies on the back to back losses in San Jose and LA - "Ah man, I think this one feels worse, especially when everyone played so hard. I thought maybe we could have served a little better tonight, but honestly that’s the way the game goes sometimes. I thought everyone left it on the ice, so it was good for the boys."

Gillies on the Blue Jackets team effort - "I think everyone is still trying to put the pieces together here and I know there are a lot of new guys in the lineup. I thought everyone played great and I think everyone should hold their heads high tonight."

More to come.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment