Thursday, November 24, 2011

LA Kings players on the teammate they're most thankful for

Throughout the U.S. today, people are supposed to be spending time with friends and family, celebrating the things they're thankful for.

Inside the Kings locker room, here's what a few of the players had to say when asked which teammate they were most thankful for this year - and why...

Drew Doughty - "Greener (Matt Greene) because my first year here he kind of took me under his wing, let me move in with him. I lived with him that whole first year. Then, ever since, he's always helped me with any little thing I need."

Kevin Westgarth - "I'd say Rob Scuderi because you can always depend on him."

Alec Martinez - "Mike Richards. Coming in here, I can't imagine it's very easy getting used to a new system and playing with new guys. But, obviously, he's done really well. He's scored some big goals for us. He also does a lot of things that go unnoticed too - maybe not by us, but maybe they're kinda easy to lose track of during a fast paced game. So, I'd definitely say Mike Richards. He's a great player, but he's a good guy in the locker room too."

Jonathan Bernier - "I'll say Marty (Alec Martinez) because he was my roommate and he was a good roommate last year. I need to thank him for that. It wasn't easy, my girlfriend (now fiance) was here too. So, thanks to him."

Jarret Stoll - "Jonathan Quick because he saves my ass out there sometimes when I make a mistake."

Mike Richards - "Penner because he brings a lot of laughter. He has different stories every day that are pretty funny."

For me, I'd like to say a special thanks to Jeff Moeller, Mike Kalinowski, Jeremy Zager and everyone in the Kings Communications Department for all their help. Much of what you see here on MayorsManor wouldn't be possible without the updates and access they provide.

And thank you to all the readers who stop by MayorsManor - to those who stop by on occasion and especially to those who read every article, tweet and facebook post. Thank you!

For more of the funny side of life with the Kings, be sure to check out some of the articles linked below. Many of them are sure to make you smile, if not laugh at least once or twice.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor 

RELATED ARTICLES:

Willie Mitchell and Mike Richards admit to a bromance

Matt Greene calls out Dustin Penner and Ethan Moreau

Dustin Penner defends himself against Matt Greene's accusations

Dustin Brown on whether he's a geek or a nerd

Photos and stories from the Players Only Halloween party

Matt Greene tattoos his teammates

MayorsManor Podcast - LA Kings players on the trip to Europe

order here --> MayorsManor Store
View the store to see full line of shirts for men and women, dozen of styles and colors

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment