Friday, December 30, 2011

Doughty and Stoll comment on the love tap celebration

If you were watching closely during Wednesday's game in Chicago, Drew Doughty was very excited when Jarret Stoll scored to put the Kings up 2-0 early in the third period.

For those who missed the celebration, here's a short clip, followed by some reaction from both when asked about it after practice today.


Stoll - "I haven't seen the video yet, to be honest with you. Obviously, I didn't even realize it at the time. It must not have been that good (laughter ensues for all around). I need to take a look at it, I think. He told me about it and I said, 'Really? I didn't even realize it.' I was just too happy that we finally scored a goal."

Doughty - "It wasn't pre-planned. It was just spur-of-the-moment. I don't know what I was thinking. It just kind of happened, I guess. There's nothing behind the scenes. I was just excited that we got the second goal. I don't know why I did it, probably won't do it again though."

So what happens if Stoll gets a hat trick some time soon?

Doughty - "Well then I guess I, ah..."

Several of his teammates began chiming in with lots of laughter and stuff that doesn't need to be printed.

Let's just say, your parents were right - boys will be boys.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

1 comment: