Friday, December 9, 2011

Wild def Kings 4-2, quotes from the Minnesota locker room

Although the Kings out-shot the Wild 44-24 and out-hit them 46-22, they gave up a season-high four goals (for the third time) and that was too much for an offense that's unable to score more than two goals right now. Final score 4-2, and here's what they were saying in the Minnesota locker room after the game...

Coach Mike Yeo on the overall game - "It was nice to have a good start. It was nice not to have to sit here and talk about another attempt or a great job coming from behind and I thought we were sharp right from the get-go. We expected them to have a push. Certainly it was tough losing (Brodziak) tonight and I thought our guys really rose to the challenge."

Yeo on losing Kyle Brodziak - "Obviously it increased a lot of ice time for (Koivu), (Cullen), and for the lines. We started to roll those lines real frequently but also with Cody Almond. I thought not only did he step into that situation and play key minutes for us, but that was a big goal he scored. They had some good momentum going at that time and you could tell that took a lot of life out of them."

Rookie goaltender Matt Hackett on making his first NHL start - "I can’t even explain it. It’s been crazy. Best 72 hours of my life so far. Like I said, we got to keep it going and I’m just living the dream right now. Just got to jump in there and do the best you can. Today I had time to think about the game, usually I have a pre-game map, but I was so excited I didn’t really get to sleep. I was just focusing on what I was supposed to do and I felt like it went pretty well tonight."

Hackett on communication during the day - "I turned my phone off. I don’t want to think about that stuff. I just want to play my game and I don’t want to focus on stuff that’s going on outside the rink."

Defenseman Marco Scandella on his goal, the Wild's third of the night - "We got the puck, brought it up the ice quick, two guys were driving to the net, so I picked it up and (Heatley) gave me a great pass. Great play by (Heatley) and I tried to get a shot off quick...I knew there was a delayed penalty so as soon as they touched the puck it would have been frozen so I went for it."

To read postgame quotes from Kings coach Terry Murray click here. Also, click on the player's name to read comments from - Jack Johnson, Trent Hunter, Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown.

The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor 

RELATED ARTICLES:

Wild at Kings pregame roster notes - including two returning players and a first NHL start for another

Patrick O'Sullivan reflects on his days with the Kings

Dustin Penner says Corey Perry was 'mlking it' after he hit him

Dr. Terry Murray with the latest updates from the infirmary - notes on Richards, Mitchell, etc.

Trevor Lewis responds to benching, coach Terry Murray's comments

Breaking down the lack of offense with coach Terry Murray

Shop MMAOverload.com Today!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment