Thursday, January 5, 2012

Drew Doughty on his game winning goal vs Phoenix


After a little initial confusion, less than a minute into overtime, Drew Doughty's goal stood and the Kings beat the Phoenix Coyotes by the final score of 1-0. Here's what he had to say back in the locker room...

On the game-winning goal - "It was huge. Obviously, I haven’t been scoring a lot this year and I finally contributed on the score sheet with a goal for the team and most importantly get the win. I was real happy. Greener changed for me there; I just wanted to get into the play. I saw that we had control of the puck so I raced up to the blue line. Me and Stolly [Jarret Stoll] made eye contact and made a nice pass. Then I just tried to drive the net and sometimes you just have to score those dirty goals like that."

On going suck a long time without scoring - "I don’t know, I guess it is a little surprising. Most of all, for me, it’s just frustrating. I know that they come in bunches and now that I got this one and finally got the monkey off my back I think a lot more will come in these next few games."

Jonathan Quick's post game comments are up here.  More post game notes and quotes to come.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

Shop MMAOverload.com Today!

1 comment:

  1. They made eye contact but did anything further develop between our lovebirds? Like an HJ.

    ReplyDelete