Thursday, November 3, 2011

What I've learned so far... by LA Kings Brad Richardson

Brad Richardson chirping (photo: M. Zampelli)
Like the LA Kings, the 'What I've learned so far' series has had the last few days off - but, it's back today!

Recently, we've heard some interesting comments from Drew Doughty, Kevin Westgarth, Ethan Moreau and several others.

Now, it's time for the multi-purpose man, Brad Richardson, to step up and take a swing. The crafty forward is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades and coach Terry Murray has no qualms about plugging him in just about anywhere - including at least a few games on all four lines last year.

With the first month of the new season now in the books, what has Richardson learned so far...

About Dustin Brown - "He's really not as quiet as a lot of people think. I don't know if people think that because he's kind of shy. But, once you get to know him, he's pretty witty and very funny."

About Rob Scuderi - "I've learned that he's not changing his style. He's the worst dresser on the team and (that award) isn't going anywhere."

About Anze Kopitar - "His golf game has come a long way. He likes golf a lot and he's come a long way. We played the other day and it was the best round I've ever seen him play."

About Justin Williams - "That I'm a lot better golfer than him. There's a lot of golf comments here, I guess, because those are the guys I play with. But, he hasn't beat me in probably eight or ten times. So, I've had a good run against him."

About Simon Gagne - "He's a heck of a shooter. I think I already knew that, a little bit. But, I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, he was playing in the Eastern Conference. But, he still has that touch around the net and that's why he's been a world class player for a long time."

About Mike Richards - "Class act, leader. He kind of reminds me of Joe Sakic a little bit, the way he handles himself. He's fairly quiet, but says stuff in the room when it needs to be said."

About Matt Greene - "Greener is the same ol' (guy). That's one guy who hasn't changed a whole lot. He's pretty old school in what he does."

About Jack Johnson - "Jack's been awesome this year. He was kind of like Brownie, a little bit shy. You had to really go talk to him to get stuff out of him. But, he's really opened up this year. I don't know if it's been stuff like going to the ranch like we did (a team bonding event right before training camp opened), just being together and doing the team things. But, it seems like we've really gelled as a team and he's a lot more involved, being around the guys. It's really good to see. Maybe that's contributed to why he's playing so well too."

And now we're going to do a little bonus - since impressions don't translate well in writing, here's some audio on what Richardson has learned about Willie Mitchell...



Don't worry, Mitchell and Scuderi will both take a run at this in the next few days.

In the meantime, be sure to check out the links below for any of the previously posted 'What I've learned' articles you may have missed.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

RELATED ARTICLES:

Brad Richardson - the human avalanche

MayorsManor podcast - LA Kings players talk best/worst dressed and other funny topics

What I've learned so far... by Matt Greene - a little comedy from the master

What I've learned so far... by Mike Richards - includes a warning for Dustin Penner

What I've learned so far... by Alec Martinez - he calls out Trevor Lewis

What I've learned so far... by Simon Gagne - what it means to be a captain

What I've learned so far... by Dustin Brown - responds to Westgarth's allegations

What I've learned so far... by Drew Doughty - on the ice and off the ice observations

What I've learned so far... by Kevin Westgarth - more good comedy from Westy

What I've learned so far... by Ethan Moreau - view from a veteran

order here --> MayorsManor Store
View the store to see full line of shirts for men and women, dozen of styles and colors

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment