Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stoll, Shootouts and San Jose

A few weeks back, Kings forward Jarret Stoll was very humble when I asked him about being all but guaranteed money in the shootout - saying "I don't know about that," and later adding "But, yeah, they're going in for me. I'm just trying not to change too much. Maybe it looks like I only have one option down there, but I have a couple options in my head."

After reaching into his bag of tricks on Monday night against Calgary and showing something different - and scoring again - I went looking for a follow-up...

"I'm just trying to pick a spot and hit my spots, I guess. It's good to shoot in a couple different places. I can't go to the same spot all the time. So, I'm kinda switching it up a bit. Just picking my spots I guess and getting some breaks."

Still humble for a guy who's converted seven of eight chances in the shootout this season (second most in the league).

Looking ahead, how about the game with the Sharks tonight, another big game...

"Yeah, they're all big - in our division especially. We have a lot of games left within our division. They're so big, but they all have been recently. So, there's nothing new, nothing new to prepare for. It's just a different team, different personnel. So, it's all about us. We know that. I'm sure they're saying the same thing. It's just a matter of who makes fewer mistakes and who can execute the best."

In a somewhat related note, earlier this season Sharks captain Joe Thornton stopped by MayorsManor to share some thoughts on playing the Kings and talk about replacing Rob Blake as the leader in San Jose (article here).



The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment