Monday, October 24, 2011

What I've learned so far... by LA Kings dman Drew Doughty

Drew Doughty / LA Kings (photo: K. Spatz)
In our new series, 'What I've learned so far,' Kevin Westgarth has explained why Dustin Brown is a nerd, Ethan Moreau revealed which player is underrated and Trent Hunter shared thoughts on several of his new teammates.

Today, Drew Doughty steps up and takes on a few of the guys.

Less than a month after signing his new contract, here is what Doughty has learned so far...

About Mike Richards - "He's one of the best passers I've seen. Obviously, Kopi's a great passer. But, I think Richie is probably the best passer on the team. He has great saucer passes and stuff like that."

About Simon Gagne - "He's funny in his own way. Being French, his English isn't the best. But, he makes me laugh and he's a great guy. On the ice, he's so good at finding that open space. He seems to get so many chances every game. It's not by fluke."

About Alec Martinez - "He's kinda come out of his shell a little bit. He used to be more of a quiet guy because he was a rookie and just getting used to things. On the trip (to Europe), he had a lot of fun. It was great to get to know him more off the ice like that."

About Willie Mitchell - "I hung out with Mitchie quite a bit last year, so I know what he's all about, on and off the ice. He's a lot of fun and kind of like me, laid back. He enjoys just playing the game and having fun at the same time. I think we both benefit from that."

About Jonathan Quick - "I've been tight with Quickie since day one, our first year when we were both here. He's great on and off the ice. He likes to have fun too. He's not like most goalies, where they play the blame game or they don't take fault for letting goals in. Quick is the exact opposite. He'll say 'Oh, that was my fault,' when clearly it was my fault. He's great that way."

More in this series coming up later this week.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

RELATED ARTICLES:

What I've learned so far... by Kevin Westgarth

What I've learned so far... by Ethan Moreau

What I've learned so far... by Trent Hunter

Drew Doughty on his most annoying LA Kings teammate

MayorsManor podcast - Kings players on the funnier side of their European Vacation

order here --> MayorsManor Store
View the store to see full line of shirts for men and women, dozen of styles and colors

1 comment:

  1. Quick is such a class act say his wins are because of his dmen and wont play the blame game when a goal goes in

    ReplyDelete