Friday, October 28, 2011

What I've learned so far... by LA Kings Mike Richards

Mike Richards - LA v Phx (photo: M. Zampelli)
From heated toilet seats to a good geek vs. nerd battle, this new 'What I've learned so far...' series has turned out some interesting answers from several members of the LA Kings.

Over the last two weeks, Simon Gagne, Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty and a handful of others have stopped by MayorsManor to share a few thoughts from the early part of the season.

Each had their own take on things, as expected. However, the one common thread has been Mike Richards.

Every time his name came up during the interviews, the first words were always the same - 'great guy.'

So, now we turn to the man they've nicknamed Ricky (explained, in detail, here by his road roommate - Trevor Lewis).

By all accounts, Richards has been fitting in nicely. Off the ice his teammates seem to love him and he's put up nine points in nine games - and almost always seems to be involved in the action.

Still, one thing bubbled up quickly and he was ready to get it off his chest.

"The dance music in the locker room is something that I did not expect," said Richards.

When are you going to take over the ipod then?

"Nah, that's not me, I'm not going to be doing too much of that."

Let's move on then. Here's what he's learned so far this season...

About Anze Kopitar - "He kills me on the game 'Words with Friends.' I don't know how though. It's his second language and he still kills me."

About Jarret Stoll - "On the ice, his one-timer is one of the best that I've seen - he gets it away the quickest."

About Jack Johnson - "He has a really sick car."

About Willie Mitchell - "He loves his stories. He has a story about anything."

About Kevin Westgarth - "I didn't realize he went to Princeton. He's a smart guy."

About Dustin Penner - "He's actually the one I think runs the ipod. So, maybe I need to have a little talk with him."

More from this series will be posted tomorrow. In fact, the special guest will be Matt Greene.

If you've missed any of the previous 'What I've learned...' articles, please check out the links below.


The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

RELATED ARTICLES:

What I've learned so far... by Alec Martinez - he calls out Trevor Lewis

What I've learned so far... by Simon Gagne - what it means to be a captain

What I've learned so far... by Dustin Brown - responds to Westgarth's allegations

What I've learned so far... by Drew Doughty - on the ice and off the ice observations

What I've learned so far... by Kevin Westgarth - more good comedy from Westy

What I've learned so far... by Ethan Moreau - view from a veteran

What I've learned so far... by Trent Hunter - the new guy shares a few thoughts

Trevor Lewis dishes on his 'road roommate' - Mike Richards

Mike Richards trade revisited - most popular comments from Laperriere, Stoll, Lombardi, etc.

Mike Richards and Willie Mitchell admit to a budding bromance

order here --> MayorsManor Store
View the store to see full line of shirts for men and women, dozen of styles and colors

1 comment: